Feb 15, 2017
Who May Apply?
- Graduate students who would benefit from study at Hebrew University to complete their thesis or pursue language work. Undergraduate students for a course of study at Hebrew University that is specifically related to their major or minor area of study at McMaster.
- Undergraduate students who wish to attend Hebrew University for general interest courses to be counted as elective study.
- We normally give priority to applications for a one-semester or full-year stay with (in the case of undergraduate students) a full course load. We will also consider applications to take part in the Summer Ulpan program (end July to end September) or a summer course.
- We are now inviting applications for study through June 2018.
Applicants must meet the OSAP residency requirement of having lived in Ontario for twelve consecutive months directly prior to commencing full-time post-secondary studies. Applicants must demonstrate financial need. Final approval is subject to the acceptance of the applicant by Hebrew University.
How To Apply
The application process has two stages:
- Please submit the following to the Department of Religious Studies (University Hall Room 104, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, L8S 4K1) – by March 15, 2017.
- Application form
- 500–1000-ˇword statement of a plan of study
- Letter of recommendation from a professor with whom you have studied
- Current course transcripts
- If the first stage of the application is successful, the Department of Religious Studies will ask you to make a separate bursary application to the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) within 30 days. The Department reserves the right to withdraw its approval of your application in case this deadline is not met, which could lead to your not receiving the bursary.
Terms and Conditions
You must consult with the Department about any changes to the program of study or timing of the stay specified in your application. If changes to the program of study to be funded by the bursary are not approved by the Department, you will risk forfeiting the award.
Learn about all programs of study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and about programs for Overseas Students. In addition to the Freeman Family Foundation Bursary, other funds may also be available by direct application to the Canadian Friends of Hebrew University.